Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Prayer

Lord, I come to you today

Weary

Tired

Broken

In desperate need of

You.

You are my

Rock

Good Shepherd

Comforter

Healer

Provider

Savior

Refuge

Deliverer


Forgive me for trying to carry my own burdens instead of allowing You to carry them for me. Forgive me Lord for spending my days complaining instead of praising. I find when my eyes aren’t fixed on You that I become

Critical

Filled with anxiety

Fearful

Without peace

Weary

I am overwhelmed with the fact that you actually

love me,

accept me,

that you hear and answer my prayers,

that you have a plan for my life

that you actually call me a child of God……. Even though

I don’t always act perfect,

even though I make mistakes,

even though I still fall down .

Lord You are ALWAYS their to pick me up.

Sometimes I run from You instead of to You, sometimes I walk around in the wilderness then blame You for leaving me. But you never really do leave me, You are always right there,
waiting, intercedding, with wide open arms for me to return.

You are my Shepherd. Lead me to still waters, to the path of righteousness, direct my paths Lord and make them straight. Renew my strength and help me to cast all my cares upon You.
Thank-you Jesus for taking my life of sin upon Yourself and giving me the things that only a true Savior could give:

Righteousness,

Grace,

Forgiveness

Undeserving love

Peace

Contentment

Hope

And all I can give you is myself, but that's all you ask for.

I love you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin