Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lord Prepare Me

Today in church we sung the song "Sanctuary" and it reminded me how my life is to be a sacrifice to Jesus. As christians we are called to serve Christ. We serve Christ by serving and loving others. Our sermon today was on the 11th commandment which is to love one another. God says that by loving others all men will know that we are truly His disciples. Make a commitment to love others not just by words, but by deeds. Show love not only to your friends and families, but to your enemies as well.

John 13:34-35
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."



Matthew 5:43-45 43
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Lyrics to "Sanctuary"

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With thine own hand.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for you

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin

Lord prepare me to ba sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin