Saturday, September 19, 2009

My First Quilt!




My husband's Grandmother can make just about anything so I have been going to her house to learn how to make a few simple projects. A few months ago I made a valance for my kitchen and last night I made a little lovey rag quilt for Ellie. The quilt was only 15x15 and it only took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. Other than the valance, this was my very 1st project on a sewing machine. I have always had a problem with being a perfectionist so it was hard to put together a quilt when the stitching wasn't as straight as I wished. I guess that is what will give my quilt character. It was such a great feeling when I finished my project and I love that I can make things for my family that they hopefully will cherish for years to come. I just want to thank God for women in my life that is willing to take the time to teach me basic sewing skills and for having the patience to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin