Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Make Ahead Pancake Mix




I've tried many make ahead recipes for pancakes, but have always been disappointed. I like my pancakes fluffy and they seemed to always turn out flat. I think I've FINALLY found the perfect recipe for pancakes! Not only did I enjoy them, but my kiddos liked them as well!! That says alot because my 16 month old Ellie is extremelly picky. Here is the recipe I used:
(I doubled the recipe and stored mix in fridge) The mix should stay good for up to 6 months.

Ingredients:
4 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Cups whole-wheat flour
2/3 cups sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 T. baking soda
1 t. salt

Combine and store in air-tight container up to 6 months.

To prepare:
Combine 1 egg, 3/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla to 1 cup pancake mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin