Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mother's Prayer

Last night I wrote a short poem that I thought I would share. Being a mother is the most humbling calling. I feel so unqualified to be a mother. I have so many imperfections. Doesn't my children deserve to have a perfect mother who never raises her voice, who always slows down to listen to the cares and concerns of young hearts, who is more disciplined at family devotions, who is more consistent with discipline instead of taking the easy road by ignoring or telling her children to just go play? Sometimes I feel like the only mother who fails, who messes up. I want more than anything to be the mother that God wants me to be and the mother my children deserve and need. As I'm helping my children grow, they are helping me grow. The only thing that brings me comfort and encourages me in the journey of motherhood is the fact that God works ALL things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to HIS purpose! God can work out all my character flaws, my failures, my shortcoming for His glory, for His good! That is the best news! I dont have to be perfect. It's my imperfections that make me realize I NEED the Lord... I can't live a single day of motherhood without Him. Thank-you Lord for your forgiveness, love, mercy, and wonderful GRACE!



Each day I try harder to be the mom I want to be,
But my constant imperfections keeps me in prayer upon my knees.
May my voice become sweeter instead of hurried and rough,
No one said it was easy- Motherhood is TOUGH!
May my heart enjoy serving without griping and grumbling,
Being a mother is a calling so humbling.
May my mind be encouraged by the Truth Your Word reveals
And not swayed by circumstances or how I seem to feel.
May my footsteps lead my children to the path of righteousness
May my actions be in tune with the faith that I profess.
May my feet not run to quickly as I do my chores each day
For little ones are waiting for mom to sit and play.
May my hands fold in prayer seeking guidance and grace
for You alone are God and for this I give You praise.
May my life be lived to raise the children You entrusted me
That their lives would honor You and bring to You glory.



Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem - and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothering is so tough, and humbling...but so worth it.

    Your Poem spoke the words of my own heart (esp the part about my voice needing to be sweet, rather than rough)! Thank you for sharing!

    ~Kathi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *