The following is a list of rules that I came up with for our family. We keep the list of rules on our refrigerator to remind us how we're supposed to act as a christian family. I have to admit, our family doesn't always follow the rules. Often, I'M the one that breaks them.
Eason Family Rules
As for Me and My House, We will serve The Lord. Psalm 22:10
1. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
2. Tell the truth… always.
3. Treat others as you would want to be treated.
4. In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.
5. Be quick to forgive.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
6. Obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
7. Count your blessings and be content with what you have.
8. If you make the mess, you clean the mess.
9. Don’t interrupt others while they are speaking.
10. No name calling.
11. Use your manners- (please, thank-you, excuse me, I’m sorry.)
12. JOY- Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last. (taken from Duggar household)