Wednesday, August 18, 2010

House of Prayer- Family Worship




My house will be a house of prayer.
Luke 19:46


After reading this blog about how to have a house of prayer I decided to make a place in our home where we can go individually to pray, read our Bible, and be alone with God. Even though I pray all throughout the day- while I’m doing laundry, loading the dishwasher, we all still need a place where we can go to be still before the Lord. I set up an assortment of children’s books on prayer, devotions, and of course the Bible besides a small table with a bench downstairs. The children usually spend about 15 minutes at our place of prayer and they look forward to their alone time with God. We are also wanting to start family worship in the home. After reading Family Driven Faith I have realized how important family worship is and how little families come together to worship. Our family has struggled to have regular family devotions over the last year. I have found that if I don’t schedule our devotions on the calendar they usually wont happen. I don’t want to become legalistic about worship, devotions, or prayer, but want to be able to come together as a family and grow in our walk with the Lord. Do you have a special place in your home where you come together to pray and spend time with the Lord? Do you have any tips to share on family worship in the home? I would be glad to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I pray that the Lords blessings will be upon you and your children in and through your prayer time..I pray that he helps you to be committed and that there would be no hinderances for you as you approach your time there...

    Thank you for the kind comments and the pie crust recipe..I will most deffiantely try it and let you know how it goes...
    In Christ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin