Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I have tried several different peanut butter cookie recipes and I always come back to this one. It has been handed down from my Great Grandmother.  They are so chewy! Make sure you use Jiff brand peanut butter. I've tried other brands and the cookies don't turn out as well. I've been told several times that I make the best peanut butter cookies! Here is the recipe:

If you make them, let me know how they turn out!

1 cup Jiff peanut butter- (no generic)

½ cup oleo (softened, not melted)

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 t. baking soda

Cream butter, sugars, and eggs in medium sized bowl. Add peanut butter. In small bowl add flour, soda, and salt then mix all together. Place cookie balls on greased cookie sheet. I use a fork to make a crisscross on each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool on wax paper or cooling rack.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin