Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Fall!


Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven


Fall is one of my most favorite times of year! Tomorrow we are all going to a produce farm to pick up two bushels of apples and to let the kids pick out their own pumpkin. As I write, I can smell my slow cooker applesauce simmering with fragrant spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves! I also made some pumpkin bread and spiced apple dip for our family to enjoy over the weekend. I am so very thankful for God's blessings and for the different seasons that God gives us to enjoy!!


What I think about when I think of the season FALL:

Apples, hot apple cider, bonfires, fuzzy blankets, hay rides, pumpkins, candy corn, baking, fuzzy socks, cool crisp evenings, full moon, apple pie, pumpkin bread, sweaters and sweatshirts, acorns, slow cooker applesauce, Thanksgiving, deer season, sweet potatoes, hearty soups, porch swing, fresh air blowing through the windows, and fragrant aromas filling up the kitchen.


What reminds you of fall?

2 comments:

  1. I love Autumn as well! I was really hoping to pick apples this year, but I missed the picking season up here... Oh well. Maybe next year! Do you use Great-Grandma Pauline's Pumpkin Bread recipe? It's really good! I'm going try and make it sometime this fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't have her recipe. Would you mind sharing it with me? :) I would love to make it! Maybe you can call your local orchard/farm and see if you can just buy a bushel of apples. We only paid 13.50 for a bushel down here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin