Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Who Are You Serving?

I’m learning that I’ll probably never accomplish all the things that I feel needs to be done during the day. What really matters is that I accomplish only the good and perfect will of my Heavenly Father. Yesterday as I found myself grumbling while putting up dishes I asked myself, “who are you serving? So many times I forget it is the Lord that I am serving. Whenever I remember that I’m taking care of my family, cooking meals, doing laundry, putting up dishes all for the glory of God I find that I do these things with joy. Whenever my focus becomes on myself or my “to-do” list then I start complaining and I start to resent the work that has to be done. Being a mother is a humble calling. Even though our hard work goes unnoticed here on earth, we can be sure that our Heavenly Father sees every act of servant hood and has a purpose for all the work we consider “small” acts of service. As you scrub toilets, change diapers, and sweep up cheerios from the floor, remember Who it is you are serving and you will be able to serve with great joy!


Psalm 100:2
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Romans 12:11
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin