Monday, March 21, 2011

Hearing God's Voice on Homeschooling

There are many ways that God can speak to us- through people, through prayer, through the Holy Spirit, and through His Word- the Bible. God has spoke to me all of these ways in regard to the decision to homeschool my children or not. I thought I'd share how God used His Word to reveal His plan for our family.

Last Sunday in church our pastor said that when he was young he asked God to speak to him and God replied “I have... through My Word.” For some reason that just stuck with me. After church I sat down with my Bible praying that God would speak to me using His Word about my decision to homeschool the children or not and after a few minutes He led me to the verse Jeremiah 6:16. After I read the verse I underlined it and realized I had read that exact same verse somewhere that week and had written it down somewhere. I couldn’t remember where I read it from so I searched several books I had been reading and finally opened my “homeschool notebook” I started with various quotes and advice pertaining to homeschooling and there was the verse Jeremiah 6:16 that God led me to in the Bible! I wrote the exact verse about a week ago. As I was reading through my homeschool journal I also found the verse Deuteronomy 6:5-9 so I decided to look it up in the Bible to see what it says. I then realized it was the exact same chapter that I was supposed to be reading that day for my daily victory Bible reading plan!! God really does speak to us through His Word! He couldn't have been more clear. Some may call it coincidence, but I believe that nothing is coincidence with God. God is always faithful to lead His children! God isn’t the author of confusion, but of peace.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



Jeremiah 6:16

Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.



Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin