Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Just. Plain. Hard. Days

Some days I don't want to get out of bed. Today was one of those days. You know, the days where you feel defeated before you even begin your day. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has those days.
Some days are
just.
plain.
hard.
The days that are filled with temper tantrums, time outs, spilled cereal, dusty furniture, unmade beds, dirty laundry, and papers waiting to be graded. Some days I live life in survival mode. But am I really living?
Does God really intend for me to just make it through each day, just to survive? I believe God wants his children to thrive... to be joy-filled, spirit-filled! So where do we get this joy, this strength to not only survive the day but to thrive, this abundant life?
Come to ME, Jesus says....
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

I am weary.
I am thirsty.
I need rest.
Oh Jesus, I need YOU!
I dont need perfectly behaved kids, a spotless house, the perfect homeschool curriculum. I need Jesus!
When I'm tired... I need Jesus!
When I lack motivation to make it through the day... I need Jesus!
When I begin to murmur and complain... I need Jesus!
When I want to pull out all my hair because of the terrible twos ... I need Jesus!
I can do NOTHING without you Lord and I will keep on trusting, serving, and standing on each and every on of Your promises.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

John 15:5
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)

Isaiah 43:2
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I have many days like this right now. So thankful for an ever-present Savior! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin