Thursday, September 8, 2011

Power of Prayer

If we truly believed in the power and importance of prayer then why aren't we praying more? The only way to fight satan our enemy is on our knees. I feel God calling his church to prayer. God never mentions in the Bible anything about making His church a church of entertainment, of activities, but of prayer. What kind of result would we see if we as the church body stopped making excuses for why we dont pray? I believe we would start seeing more lost souls soundly saved, people set free from the bondage of sin, marriages healed, relationships restored, and more people filled daily with the Holy Spirit. Isn't it time that we humbled ourselves and cried out to God in prayer- for our country, our family, ourself. Isnt that what prayer is really all about- being humble enough to bow the knee- coming to God with nothing of ourselves and asking for more of Him? Oh Lord, I need Thee every hour, every minute, every second. My dirty house can wait, my agenda can wait, I have to pray.

If you want to read more on prayer and the real reason why we dont pray read THIS blog post by Ann Voskamp. In her blog she quotes "The only thing that prevents me from praying more is me." “It’s my own inflated sense of self-importance, the elevation of my work, of my agenda, that keeps me from prayer-communion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin