Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wings Like Eagles


Have you ever had a scripture jump out at you from the Bible, only to appear numerous different times throughout the week? This happens to me all the time lately! I love how God speaks to His children! The verse that God has comforted me with the last few weeks has been:
Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


This verse was read in my Bible, in a devotional, on a friends face book post, in a book, and then on my husbands t-shirt as he kissed me goodnight. ALL WITHIN ONE WEEK!
Over the last several months I have found myself overwhelmed because of the lack of energy that I seem to have. I have hashimotos disease (thyroid disorder) as well as hypoglycemia. Both of these have no remedy from what I’ve been told from the doctors. The hypoglycemia should be able to be controlled by a high protein diet and less sugar, but this doesn’t usually help. I’m extremely grateful that I don’t have to battle any worse of a health issue and am definitely not complaining. I just realize that this is part of the source of my lack of energy and strength. I also give credit to my Martha mentality that I struggle with daily. I have found it challenging to remember that motherhood is ministry and that my first calling is to make disciples of my own children and to love my husband. I am to serve first in my home. It’s not easy most days, but there isn’t one single verse in the Bible that says life will be easy. *wink*
I really feel like God has used different circumstances to humble me and remind me that I can do nothing without Him. Often I’m trying to work ahead of God and rush through this very short season of my life and then God quietly whispers…….
Wait.

Rest in Me.

Follow Me.
You mean I don’t have to try harder? What a relief to know that it’s Christ who bears our burdens. We just have to humble ourselves enough to give them up.

Lord, help me to trust, to follow, and to rest in You. Help me to remember that it’s You alone who wins my battles. I will wait on you Lord. Amen

Deuteronomy 1:28-33
28 Where can we go up? Our brethren have discouraged our hearts, saying, “The people are greater and taller than we; the cities are great and fortified up to heaven; moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakim there.”
29 “Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. 30 The LORD your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 31 and in the wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.’ 32 Yet, for all that, you did not believe the LORD your God, 33 who went in the way before you to search out a place for you to pitch your tents, to show you the way you should go, in the fire by night and in the cloud by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin