Thursday, May 17, 2012

Homeschool What If's



If you're like me you've probably had some of the following thoughts come through your mind while homeschooling your children:

What if I mess up my kids?
What if I'm not smart enough?
What if I'm not good enough?
What if I make mistakes?
What if I just can't do it?

Don't listen to those discouraging voices. Do you love your children? Of course you do! Did God choose you to be the mother of your children? Yes, He sure did!  Did God call you to homeschool? If so, He will equip you. Do you believe God's Word to be true? Then you have no need to worry.

Stop seeking the perfect curriculum, the perfect schedule, the perfect routine, and seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all those things that you need will be given to you.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

Stop trusting in your strengths, your wisdom, and trust God.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.
Isaiah 54:13 ESV

Whenever satan tries to tell you that you can't do it, remind him that YOU CAN'T, but with Christ you can. ALL things are possible with Christ.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me YOU CAN DO NOTHING. John 15:5

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

All God expects from you as you homeschool your children is to obey Him, trust Him, rely on Him, seek Him, love Him, serve Him, and be led by Him. If  you do this, you can't fail.  You'll never be perfect, but you'll be leading your children to the One who is and isn't that what homeschooling is all about?

Link up at Raising Homemakers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin