Tuesday, June 12, 2012
10 Ways to Ruin Your Prayer Life
If you want to ruin your prayer life, make sure you do the following:
1. Continue to make excuses for not having time for prayer... to tired, to busy, not disciplined, to lazy.
2. As soon as you wake up in the morning, check your email, facebook, weather, etc.
3. Stay up extra late each night so that you will be to tired in the morning to fight the distractions the devil sends your way.
4. Don't have a special place of prayer.
5. Believe the devil when he tries to convince you that you can be the wife, mother, and christian that He's called you to be without His help.
6. Live willfully in your sin
7. Let the cares of this life choke out your desire for spiritual things and cloud your eternal perspective.
8. Make your daily prayer time at the end of the day when you're tired.
9. Wait until you feel like praying before you make time for prayer.
10. Think of prayer as a chore or burden instead of as a priviledge.
Linked up at Far Above Rubies and at Growing Home.