Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The God On the Mountain is Still God in the Valley


This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. Ezekiel 37:5

This verse is what I turned to as I opened my Bible this evening.  I sometimes open my Bible and read the first verse that catches my eye and I'm often amazed at how the scripture always fits my situation.  Tonight at church I was sharing with a lady that I am in a valley and wish that I could always be on the mountain top in my faith.  It's so neat that the title in my Bible that I turned directly to was valley of dry bones.  I just love how God is always faithful to send me a word when I need encouraged most! 
I am beginning the 7th month of my pregnancy in a few days and have had a hard time keeping up with things around here. This pregnancy has been by far the most exhausting.  I have come to terms that I don't have to have a spotless house and that it is much more rewarding to sit down and read nursery rhyme books with my 3 year old than sweeping crumbs off the floor for the 20th time.  I read a beautiful quote this week on a blog I often read that really stood out to me this week:

More than needing schedules and productivity, this week will need a Savior and prayer. God’s not asking me to produce– He’s asking me to pray. God’s not asking me to climb ladders — He’s asking me to kneel and let go.
A Holy Experience

This quote was for me.  When I start feeling overwhelmed I often turn to schedules and to-do lists to help me feel in control instead of bowing my knee and giving God control over my day. Having a productive day isn't making sure everything on my agenda gets accomplished, but being led by the Holy Spirit.  It's not about being more organized, more motivated, but being less self-sufficient, less dependant on human efforts, and a servant to my family.  It's seasons when I start to feel dry that I realize how desperate I need Christ.  I look back and remember praying specifically that God would help me not trust in my feelings, but to put my trust only in His Word.  God usually doesn't answer our prayers the way we think He should answer them.  In this season of my life God has strenthened my faith in His Word and all His promises. It doesn't matter how I feel, God's promises still apply to me! Praise God that He never changes!! Our feelings change, seasons of our life change, but God is the same! For that I am so thankful! I thank God for the mountaintops I've had in my life, but I thank Him for the valleys as well- for it's in the valleys that our faith is put to test- by God's grace, may mine come forth as gold. 

These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:7

God on the Mountain Lyrics:
Life Is Easy, When Your Up On The Mountain
and You've Got Peace Of Mind
like You've Never Known
but Then Things Change And Your Down In The Valley
don't Lose Hope For Your Never Alone

for The God On The Mountain Is Still God In The Valley
when Things Go Wrong He'll Make Them Right
and The God Of The Good Times, Is Still God Of The Bad Times
and The God Of The Day Is Still God Of The Night

You Talk Of Faith When Your Up On The Mountain
oh, But The Talk Comes So Easy
when Life's At Its Best
but Its Down In The Valley Of Trials And Temptations
that's Where Faith Is Really Put To The Test
and The God Of The Day Is Still God Of The Night.


This post was shared over at Raising Homemakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin