Thursday, October 11, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe

A few months ago I realized the taco seasoning mix we had been using had msg in it.  I decided to try making my own taco seasoning mix and now there's no going back. ;)
My husband actually made the comment that they were the best tacos he had ever eaten!  I have even used this recipe in place of my chili seasoning and would you believe it- my husband said it was the best chili he had ever eaten! So I call this recipe the BEST taco seasoning recipe. So creative, right? :D


Best Taco Seasoning Recipe

1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon seas salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all together and store in airtight container. I just used an old spice container and relabeled it.  I always take this recipe times 4 or 5 so it lasts a super long time, but you might make the recipe as listed to make sure you like it first. 

Let me know if you make it and how your husband likes it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin