Friday, November 16, 2012

A Letter To My Unborn Son




                                                              
Dear Precious Child,

In about 1 more month I will finally have the opportunity to behold the face of a miracle that I was told by doctors I shouldn’t have due to medical conditions, but God… (notice those 2 small words- because they change everything) … but God… had other plans. God loves to show how strong and mighty He is and how man’s wisdom really isn’t wisdom at all. God healed me completely of my medical condition within the first month of pregnancy! The arrival of your birth humbles me, knowing that God has entrusted yet another child to my care- the responsibility to raise you to be a warrior for Jesus Christ in a world that is hostile to even the name of Jesus. Right now you are snuggled safely in my womb unaware of the cruel world just outside. A world that views children as disposable and burdens. Oh how I treasure feeling your tiny feet kicking around in my tummy, your tiny hiccups in the wee hours of the night- feelings I wouldn’t even be feeling if God in His providence had not intervened. During the birth of your sister Ellie your daddy and I had signed papers to give the doctor’s permission to tie off my only fallopian tube to prevent another pregnancy due to the warnings from the doctor’s that it would be life threatening to proceed with another caesarean, but to our surprise the surgeon was unable to perform the surgery. I knew at that very moment that I had just witnessed God’s hand intervene and that my womb would possibly hold another miracle from God. I’m telling you all of this because I want you to know that you were created for a purpose larger than anything you could ever imagine. Before a single cell of yours was in existence, before your heart began it’s first beat, before your lungs inhale it’s first breath- God had your days numbered and He takes great delight in you- His special creation created to bring Him honor and glory. You, my son are wanted and already loved beyond measure. In this world you will be hated, mocked, slandered, misunderstood, and taken for granted- but don’t ever forget that you, my son are a child of the God who created the heavens and the earth… you are royalty if you remain in Christ and be faithful to the end. Please remember that your identity isn’t found in your college degrees, your career, or what other‘s think of you, but is found only in Christ. I pray the chubby little feet that I get to kiss in about a month will walk the narrow path, the tiny hands that will soon wrap around my fingers will be hands of a prayer warrior, and the heart that will beat against my chest as I sing to you sweet lullabies will be a heart that is fully devoted to Christ with sincere love and devotion. While you have been entrusted in my care to love, nurture, and protect- I am fully aware that you belong to the Lord and that I am unable to succeed in this calling without the indwelling Spirit of Christ living through me to guide and instruct me.

 

Anxiously awaiting your arrival,
your mother, Kristin


href="http://www.artfulhomemaking.com" target="_blank">Artful Homemaking
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/gracefulblog/linkbutton2.png"/>
>



2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful to read, Kristin! Reading it almost made me cry. I'll continue to pray for you as you near your due date!

    ♥Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for you prayers! Only 4 weeks left before I'll finally get to meet him!
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *