Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Pain of Miscarriage and Words of Comfort






On March 12th, 2014 I miscarried our child of almost 9 weeks. To some, my child was considered a lump of tissue, but to me and my family it was our precious baby, a gift from the Lord. I literally held my baby in the palm of my hand. It was a reminder how fragile life is and how we are never promised tomorrow. Just because we have our children safely out of our womb and in our arms is not a guarantee that we will be able to keep them there for very long. Cherish every moment with your children and treat them like the precious treasures they are.
My barely 9 week child was well formed and I was even able to count all the fingers and toes. He/she was absolutely perfect and looked exactly like a baby should, only a lot smaller.
Following my miscarriage I was flooded with emails, cards, and phone calls from loving friends and church family. I thought I would share some of the songs, poems, quotes, and scriptures that helped comfort me after the loss of our child in hope that it can comfort somebody else.

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Job 1:21


Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them

This scripture means so much to me! To think that God knew my child before he/she was ever even put in my womb is simply amazing! What an AWESOME God we serve!


"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"


"Healing comes not from the forgetting, but remembering.”


The Tiny Rosebud God Picked to Bloom in Heaven
By Helen Steiner Rice
The Master Gardener from heaven above
Planted a seed in the garden of love,
And from it there grew a rosebud small
That never had time to open at all.
For God in his perfect and all-wise way
Chose this rose for His heavenly bouquet,
And great was the joy of this tiny rose
To be the one our Father chose
To leave earth’s garden
For one on high where roses bloom always
And never die.
So, while you can’t see your precious rose bloom,
You know the great Gardener from the upper room
Is watching and tending this wee rose with care,
Tenderly touching each petal so fair.
So think of your darling with the angels above,
Secure and contented and surrounded by love,
And remember God blessed and enriched your lives, too
For in dying your darling brought heaven closer to you.


Planted on earth to bloom in heaven.

“Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.” Mark 9:37


A Visitor from Heaven
By: Twila Paris

A visitor from Heaven
If only for a while
A gift of love to be returned
We think of you and smile
A visitor from Heaven
Accompanied by grace
Reminding of a better love
And of a better place
With aching hearts and empty arms
We send you with a name
It hurts so much to let you go
But we're so glad you came
We're so glad you came
A visitor from Heaven
If only for a day
We thank Him for the time He gave
And now its time to say
We trust you to the Fathers love
And to His tender care
Held in the everlasting arms
And we're so glad you're there
We're so glad you're there
With breaking hearts and open hands
We send you with a name
It hurts so much to let you go
But we're so glad you came
We're so glad you came

As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Psalm 18:30





Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye


Precious Little One
I`m just a precious little one who didn`t make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus,
but I`m waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live,
waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorow,
a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
it was brief but don`t complain.
I have all Heaven`s Glory,
suffered none of earth`s great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me.
I`d have loved to bring it fame.
But if I`d lingered in earth`s shadows,
I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don`t you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus` arms
from my loving Mother`s womb.
~Author Unknown

The morning after losing my child I noticed a rainbow on the living room floor from the sun shining through the window. I'm sure there might have been a rainbow there several mornings, but I just didn't notice it until then. To me it was a reminder that God will never leave me nor forsake me.


God's Rainbows
Rainbows appear after mighty storms,
When things look their very worst.
Just when skies are darkest gray,
Look for the rainbow first.
The rainbow is a sign of God's promise,
That He will guide us through any storm.
That He will see us through all our troubles,
No matter what their form.
When you feel battered by Life's storms,
And you are filled with doubt and dismay,
Just remember God's rainbow will come,
For it's only a prayer away.
Unknown

Whenever God gives us a cross to bear, it is a promise that He will also give us strength.


My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors,
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow,
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not ’til the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
in the Weaver’s skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares,
nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
who leave the choice with Him.
~Author Unknown

Ecclesiastes 11:5
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.


“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.”
Matthew 18:10


“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1:5

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips. Job 2:10

There were photographs I wanted to take
Things I wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this? People say that I am brave but Im not
Truth is Im barely hanging on
But theres a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this
I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
I will praise the One Whos chosen me
To carry you
Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But I know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says
Ive shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?
I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All your life
I will praise the One Whos chosen Me
To carry you
Selah- I Will Carry You

An Angel in the book of life wrote down our babies birth, and whispered as she close the book....."Too beautiful for earth."

So it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost Matthew 18:14

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:13

Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs. Matthew 19:14

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more. Revelation 21:4

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious little one, Kristin! I've been continuing to pray for you, and I'll keep praying. ♥ Thanks so much for sharing all the verses, poems, and songs. They're very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much, Joy! I wanted to post all the words that encouraged me after our loss hoping that someone else could be encouraged as well. You're such a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *