Monday, April 17, 2017

Prayer of Release of My Children to God

What a privilege it is as mothers to be able to come to the Lord as intercessors for the souls of our children! It is easy to allow fear in our hearts, which causes us to be overprotective, but God calls us to cast all our cares upon Him for He cares for us. God loves our children way more than we love them. He created them and all their days were numbered before one even came to be. We can trust Him with the souls of our children. Several years ago I found a beautiful prayer of release on a blog called So Much at Home that I printed and adapted for our own family that I thought I would share to encourage you to pray fervently for your children and release them to the Lord.



Father God,

I lift _______ up to You, and ask for You to put a hedge of protection around her/him. Protect _______ spirit, body, mind, and emotions from any form of evil or harm. I pray specifically for protection from accidents, disease, sickness and any other physical harm. Keep _______ safe when on the road and out of the path of harm. Give Your angels charge over her/him wherever he/she goes. Keep ______ safe from all hidden dangers, and let no weapon formed against her/him be able to prosper. Thank You, Lord, for all Your promises of protection. Help ______ to walk in Your ways and in obedience to Your will. I pray that ______________ will live a fruitful life, ever increasing in the knowledge of You. May _______ always seek Your will, have spiritual understanding, and walk in a manner pleasing in Your sight. You have said, in Your Word, that You will pour out Your spirit on my offspring (Isaiah 44:3). I pray that You would pour out your Holy Spirit upon __________ and help her/him to walk in the Spirit so that she/he will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. I pray that _________ will not walk in the counsel of the ungodly nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scornful.
Help ________ to be a peacemaker, merciful to others, and quick to forgive so that no root of bitterness will ever grow in her/his heart.
By the authority You have given to me in Jesus’ name, I stand against the wiles of the devil against idolatry, rebellion, stubbornness, bitterness, wrath, pride, envy, and disrespect. Help _______ to be sensitive to sin and quick to confess and turn from sin. Help _______ to have a humble spirit and walk in obedience and submission to You. I pray for a loving, joyful, and fulfilling relationship between our family for all the days of our lives. Lord, I pray for godly friends and role models in ________ life. Give __________ wisdom to choose friends who are godly. Lord, help ______ to never compromise her/his walk with You. Help ______ to say “yes” to the things of God and “no” to the flesh. Give ________the voice and spirit of truth, and keep _______ from believing the lies of the devil. Give _______ a teachable spirit and a servant heart. I pray that You would develop the gifts and talents that You have placed within ________. Bless the work of her/his hands so that all her/his works will be prosperous. I pray that _____ ways, speech, and thoughts will honor and glorify You. Help _______ to remember “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8) Lord, I pray that _________ will bear an abundance of fruit worthy of repentance. May the word of God take root in ______ heart. May ______ heart and mind be filled with things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8) I pray that you would help ________ to love and meditate on the Word of God and that her/his life will be governed by it each day so that ______ will be prosper and be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth fruit in season.
Help _________ to be a doer of Your Word and not a hearer only.
I pray that ________ would live a life of contentment and be thankful to You for Your daily provisions, trusting You to meet her/his needs.
May _______ always know the fullness of joy that is found only in Your presence. In Jesus’ name, keep _________ from any addictions. Father, I ask that You would help ________ to hate the Spirit of this world and love righteousness and pursue it. Keep _______ from premarital immorality. Create in ________ a clean heart, Lord, and renew a right spirit within _______. (Psalm 51:2) I pray that You would break down any ungodly strongholds in ____ life. Help ____ to discern good from evil and to be sensitive to Your voice saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)
As for me Lord, Your word says, “I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4) so Lord, I ask for Your strength and for the faith I need to release ________________ into Your hands. Help me not to live in fear of possible dangers. Help me to live in peace, knowing that You are in control of _________ every breath. Likewise, You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Deliver me from doubt and fear, and give me a peace that surpasses all understanding. As Jesus said, “Why are you so fearful, O you of little faith?” (Matthew 8:26). Help me to have faith, peace, and to know that all is well. I know that You have created and given me this good and precious gift. I know that You are fully capable of keeping ________ safe and sound. I can’t be everywhere as You can. Everything is in Your control. Lord, Your word tells me to cast all my cares upon You (1Peter 5:7) and so I am. Help me to be kept in perfect peace as I keep my mind on You. Help me not to be overprotective as I remember that You alone are _______ Protector. Thank You, Lord, for Your great faithfulness! I believe Your Word, and I ask all these things in Jesus’ name Amen.


I will pour out my heart like water before the face of the Lord. I will lift my hands toward Him for the life of my children.
Lamentations 2:19


Prayer adapted from:
http://somuchathome.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-prayer-to-release-our-children-to-god.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin