Thursday, April 13, 2017

Will You Sleep, Baby Dear?

Baby Dear
04/06/16




I wrote this poem during the first few months of our daughter's life when we could not get her to sleep. She was always fighting sleep and hated being rocked. She preferred being held and having us walk around until she fell asleep. I'm happy to say that we made it to her 1st birthday and she sleeps like a CHAMP! Mother, "This too shall pass!"


Will you sleep please in your room,
Now that you are from my womb?

I will not, can not, in my room.
I wish I still was in your womb.

Will you sleep while mommy rocks,
Will you sleep if daddy walks?

I will not, could not, if you rock,
I will not if my daddy walks.

Will you sleep good with a fan?
Will you sleep while in our van?

I will not, could not with a fan.
Not even if I’m in your van.

Will you sleep if burped and fed?
If I gently lie you down in bed?

I will not sleep if burped and fed,
I will not sleep at all in bed.

Will you sleep while in your swing?
Will you sleep if mommy sings?

I will not, could not in my swing.
Not even if you try to sing.

Will you sleep sound in your seat?
While I bounce you with my feet?

I will not, could not in my seat.
Not even if you bounce with feet.

Will you sleep if swaddled tight?
Will you go to sleep tonight?

I will not sleep if swaddled tight.
I do not like to sleep at night.

Will you sleep while in my arms?
Will you sleep if nice and warm?

I will not, could not in your arms.
I will not sleep if nice and warm.

Will you sleep with lullabies,
Before the sun begins to shine?

I will not sleep with lullabies,
Before the sun begins to shine.

Will you sleep my Baby Dear?
Will it be within this year?

I will sleep my mother dear,
But you will have to wait a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *