Monday, October 12, 2009

Robe of Christ

I recently started going to a ladies Bible study on Thursday mornings by Kay Arthur about covenants and have found it absolutely amazing how much God has revealed to me in only two weeks of this study. One thing I’ve been studying in particular is about the covenant between Jonathan and David in 1 Samuel with the exchanging of robes. I believe this covenant is very symbolic to the covenant that God makes with us, His children. Here is a link to view the covenant made between Jonathan and David to fully understand this covenant.
When we receive Jesus as our savior we are to “put on Christ”. To really sit and ponder this has opened my eyes to new Truth. I’ve always known that Jesus died for my sins, but isn’t it amazing how God sometimes allows us to “rediscover” spiritually Truths in a new way that makes us feel like we did when we heard the Good News for the 1st time! To sit and think about how my Savior actually took all my sins (which were many ) upon Himself and paid the punishment for my sins. I deserved to die, to be punished, but Jesus who is Holy, blameless, without sin died so I could live. Not just live in the sense of waking up each day breathing, but to actually live each day with complete peace and assurance that I’m forgiven and accepted by a Holy and Mighty God. To actually experience a personal, intimate relationship with Him. A lot of people gladly accept God’s forgiveness because they wish to avoid hell, but sadly that’s where their journey ends and they never grow spiritually or intimately with the Lord. They refuse to step outside the boat and experience what it actually means to “put on” Christ. God not only wants to forgive us, He wants to transform us into His likeness!
I believe once we realize the fullness of God’s love, grace, and forgiveness we can’t help but praise Him, seek Him, and spend our entire life serving Him.
I used to wear a robe stained with sin and filth. Good works and self effort failed to bring me closer to God. I needed a Savior! Only through the blood of Jesus can we be made clean. Only through Jesus can we be made right with God.
His robe was white as snow, without spot or blemish. With outstretched arms He called me to come to Him and trust Him as my Lord and Savior. In doing this He took my robe of sin and shame and gave me His robe of righteousness. Thank-you Lord for your gift of salvation, for dying on the cross so I could live.



Jesus Paid It All
Verse 1
I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small.
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."

Chorus
’Cause Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

Verse 2
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow'r and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.

Verse 3
And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save
my lips shall still repeat.

Bridge
Oh, praise the One who paid my debt,
And raised this life up from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *