Friday, February 4, 2011

The Cure for Self-Righteousness





The true cure for self-righteousness is self-knowledge. Once let the eyes of our understanding be opened by the Spirit, and we shall talk no more of our own goodness. Once let us see what there is in our own hearts, and what the holy law of God requires, and self-conceit will die. We shall lay our hand on our mouths, and cry with the leper, “Unclean, unclean.” (Lev. 13:45)



~ J.C. Ryle


A critical spirit.... something I struggle with.


I realize that my eyes can either be fixed on Jesus or fixed on others.


In order to receive God's mercy His Word says that I have to show mercy to others.


I believe I need to spend more time thanking the Lord for all He has forgiven ME for. I don't deserve forgiveness and if it wasn't for the GRACE of God I would be just like those I find myself criticizing.


Lord, help me to have a humble and meek spirit; not a spirit of pride or self-righteousness. You resist the proud. Help me to take every thought captive and to be able to resist the schemes of satan. Help me to give grace, mercy, and forgiveness to those who dont deserve it and to remember that I to don't deserve anything good, yet you have blessed be abundantly. Help me to pray for those that are weak spiritually and not to forget that apart from You I can do nothing.


In Jesus Name,


Amen.






Matthew 5:7


Blessed are the merciful; for they will obtain mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *