Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Blessing of Home


I love the sound of little feet pattering through the house.
I love to hear my 3 year old thanking God in her prayers for corn as she enjoys the fruit of her daddy’s labor.
I love the smell of a freshly bathed newborn cuddled in my arms.
I love to see my children lay on the floor with their daddy as they read through the daily Proverb each night before bed.
I love the excitement on my daughter’s face as I surprise her with a freshly made batch of play dough.
I love to read the thoughts from my 11 year old about becoming a missionary that she’s written in notebooks around the house.
I love to see all the unique, strange, and crazy things my son finds while exploring at the creek.
I love to look outside and see my son following close behind the steps of his dad as they do their evening chores together.
I love trying to make my home a haven that my husband enjoys coming home to at the end of the day.
I love to hear the voice of my 3 year old yelling, “yea, daddy’s home!!” as she hears her daddy’s truck pull in the drive after working all day.
I love to listen to my oldest daughter read me her creative writing papers and mention how she finally understands why I home school and that she wants to home school her kids one day just like her mom.
I love to hear my two girls say I love you, I love you most, and love you mostest every night before bed.
I love to see the smile on my oldest daughter’s face as she makes a dessert all by herself and we tell her it’s the best we’ve ever had.
I love the anticipation we feel as we bring home a new bundle of joy.
I love castles made out of blankets.
I love going to bed at night thanking God for a house full of children snug in their beds and that He called me to be a wife, mother, and a keeper of my home.
Thank-you Lord for the blessing of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *