Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Little Miracle


He's finally here!! On December 21st, 2012 our 4th blessing was born! We named our little miracle  Nathan Daniel.  He weighed a healthy 8 lbs. 5 ounces and was 21 inches long.  It's hard to believe that he is almost 3 weeks old.  So far he has been a really laid back baby... something I prayed about before he was born.  After having 2 babies with severe colic, I was a little worried this one would have it too, but thankfully he hasn't shown any signs of colic just yet. We were told a few weeks before his birth that he had a severe blockage in the tubes that connect to his kidneys.  After taking him to Children's Mercy and doing a not so fun test on him we were told that it wasn't a blockage after all and that it was reflux of the kidneys, which does not require surgery and should clear up on it's own.  So instead of having to see our newborn go through surgery a day before Christmas, we were able to bring our baby home and spend Christmas with the rest of our children! Thank-you Jesus! God has been so good to us and I am so very thankful that I was able to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy! I truly am thankful for all that God has done for our family and for changing my heart to accept the blessings of more children. As you've probably read in my testimony I posted on here, I had tried to have the one tube I have left tied to prevent further pregnancies due to the doctor's saying it would be dangerous to have anymore pregnancies.  By God's intervention, the doctor was unable to reach the tube to tie it.  I knew that it was God's hand when the doctor told me and sure enough, 3 1/2 years later I'm holding baby Nathan in my arms! This time during my c-section I was told that they could see my tube and could tie it and I said no.  My hands are very full and it's hard to imagine having anymore children, but that is in God's hands. I also couldn't imagine having four children and now Nathan is almost 3 weeks already. God is good! His way is always better than ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *