Wednesday, March 27, 2013

To: The one Jesus Loves and Died For





To: The one Jesus loves and died for.

You may be wondering why I am sharing the gospel with you and think I’m some religious fanatic. The reason that I am sharing the Gospel with you is because I truly care about you and where you’ll spend eternity.

Jesus has given me a new heart and a new life in Christ! I’m not perfect and need His grace every day like anybody else. I stumble, but the Lord gently picks me back up and says, “follow Me- keep your eyes on Me”. God’s Word says our life is like a vapor, a breath, a fleeting shadow. We’re here one minute and gone the next.

“Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.“
James 4:13-14

None of us is promised tomorrow. Since eternity is forever, shouldn’t you be concerned where you will be spending it? Each day 150,000 people die. That is 2 people per second!

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.
Hebrews 9:27

Our disbelief in God, Heaven, Hell, or a day of judgment does not make it any less true. Just because I refuse to believe in air will not make it cease to exist. There are so many different religions and you may wonder which one, if any is even true. You may also think that there are many ways to God, but the Bible says that Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 It’s only through Jesus that we can be saved.

That’s not being narrow minded- that’s Truth. As Christians we are not committed to a list of rules, but are committed to a Person- Jesus Christ. Christianity is the only “religion” with a risen Savior! Our Savior conquered death! No other religion can claim that.

100 years from now, everyone that is currently alive will either be in heaven or hell. It’s easy to live like we will never die because God created us with eternity in our hearts. Our bodies will eventually die, but our soul is eternal. The choice is yours- will you spend it in Heaven or Hell?

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.“ Ecclesiastes 3:11

God doesn’t want anyone to go to hell. Our sin has separated us from God. We have all broken God’s commandments and cannot keep them perfectly in our own strength no matter how hard we try. We are all sinners. If you’ve ever wished you had something that wasn’t yours then you’ve broken the 10th
commandment, which is coveting. If you’ve ever lusted after another- that’s adultery, when you use God’s name like a cuss word- that’s blasphemy. How many lies have you told? Even one is enough to deserve punishment. If you lie to a judge in court you will face penalty. How much more deserving are we to receive punishment for sinning against the God of the Universe?! You may say that God is good and that He would never send someone to hell. You’re right, God is a good God and a Just God. That’s why He has to punish sin. Imagine someone breaking into your house and brutally beating your child. The offender goes to court and tells the judge that he is sorry and promises not to do it again. Would you say the judge was a good judge if he lets him go, free from punishment? Of course not! He would be a bad judge. God has to punish sin because He is good and just. That’s why He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus, who knew no sin bore your sin and my sin. He took the wrath that we all deserve because He loves us, not because of anything good we have done. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 This gift is for anyone who is willing to admit their a sinner, repent (turn) from their sins, and put their faith and hope in Jesus Christ! The gospel is for sinners- isn’t that GOOD NEWS? You don’t have to clean yourself up for Jesus to accept you. Jesus will give you a new heart- one that is clean and desires to please Him.

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Ezekiel 36:26 What an amazing Savior we have! We have nothing to offer Jesus except ourselves, but that’s all He wants. Jesus was mocked, beaten, spit on, and died a horrible death on a cross for you. The very least we can do is live for Him? How undeserving we are to receive His mercy, forgiveness, a new heart, a heavenly inheritance, and be called a beloved child of God!!!!! It doesn’t matter what you have done- there is no where His forgiveness cannot reach! Does it sound to good to be true? That’s the GOOD NEWS- the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ! If you want to know without a doubt where you will be spending eternity and are ready to confess and forsake your sins and live for Jesus you can pray to Him a prayer similar to this:

Dear Jesus,

I admit that I’m a sinner and that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross and died for my sins. I am now willing to turn from my sin. Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my life. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior. Thank you Jesus for your grace, mercy, and forgiveness which has saved me from my sins. I give you control over my life Lord Jesus to transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone. Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.

If you have any questions:

Visit
www.juststopandthink.com or email me at easonfamilyof6@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *