Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Wait Up

Wait Up


Little tike who followed me,
Standing scarcely to my knees,
Proud mama of a blue eyed son,
You couldn’t wait to walk and run.

Reaching arms as if to say,
“Wait up for me, don’t walk away.
Wait up, my steps are small and slow,
I need some time so I can grow.”

A little boy who now explores,
Whose classroom is the great outdoors.
“Fast” is the word he goes by now,
Time, won’t you please slow down somehow?

My little boy, now a young man,
Grasping time as if I can,
Slipping quickly from my view,
Season’s change from old to new.

Wait up, my son, I need to rest,
Perhaps the slow days were the best.
Wait up, I used to be in lead,
Time to readjust I need.

It’s late at night, should be asleep,
I’m waiting up, “Please Lord, do keep”,
This little boy I still can see,
Although a distant memory.

He’s much too old to need me now,
But still I wait up anyhow.

Wait up, time, you’ve too fast,
for time with little ones don’t last.
Time waits for no one, must keep the pace,
For life’s a vapor, sprint, a race.

A mother’s work continues on,
Even when their grown and gone.
The work of love, and unseen prayers,
and waiting up to show we care.

Welcome home, now I can rest,
Safely home, where I like best.















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *